March 14, 2019
Together We Can Make An Impact
This April 6-14, we will amplify our charitable impact through our partnership with Feeding America®, by connecting Plexus® Ambassadors like you with children and families affected by hunger in your local communities. Join us in giving back to our neighbors for an entire week of volunteering, fun, friends, and spreading hope.
SH] Get Ready to Share Health, Happiness, and Hope
We’re here to help you plan the perfect event at your local Food Bank! Here are a few steps to help you get started.
- Find your nearest food bank. Feeding America’s interactive map makes it easy to find your nearest food bank. If there isn’t a food bank near you, it’s okay to serve at a food pantry or someplace similar in your community.
Locate Your Food Bank>
- Pick a date. Check with your local food bank to schedule a time that works for you. Be sure to ask how many volunteers your food bank can take at a time so you know how many friends to invite. Plan your event at least three weeks ahead since spots (especially weekends) fill up fast.
Invite your friends. Once you’ve got a date on the calendar, invite your friends! You can send out invitations or create a Facebook event. Be sure to tag your friends and use hashtags #Plexus, #NourishOne, and #FeedingAmerica.
- Follow up. Two days before your visit, send out a reminder to your group with the finalized details. It’s helpful to include a copy of the food bank’s rules and guidelines.
- Give back. Incredible things happen when you donate your time, roll up your sleeves, and give back to your community through volunteer work.
- Reflect. At the end of your visit, prepare a discussion to help your group reflect on their experiences. Don’t forget to thank your local food bank and hard-working group members.
- Share. Take group photos, and share your experiences on social media. Let your community know how many meals your group served or packaged and use the hashtags #Plexus, #NourishOne, and #FeedingAmerica.
Be sure to check out our Volunteer Guidebook for more details. We look forward to the opportunity to come together as a One Plexus family and give back to those in need.
posted 1 year ago