April 9, 2020
You’re washing your hands. You’re social distancing. But, in addition to taking all the crucial steps to follow safety guidelines for yourself and your family, what else can you do to help the individuals and communities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic?
5 Ways You Can Help During a Crisis
- Donate to organizations helping to respond to COVID-19—and your other favorite causes as well. If you are in a position to do so, you should consider making a donation to organizations who directly help combat the COVID-19 pandemic. It is also important to remember, all charitable organizations you care about will need financial support in this time to get through the crisis and continue their important work.
- Where to donate:
- Feeding America – Feeding America has launched the COVID-19 Response Fund, a national food- and fund-raising effort to support people facing hunger and the food banks who help them.
- Local Food Bank – On March 26, Plexus made a donation to Arizona’s St. Mary’s Food Bank to help meet the increased demand from the coronavirus. We delivered more than 4,000 bags of Lean Meal Replacement Shakes! Enough to fill 11-pallets! Each bag contains 14-servings, which will provide more than 57,000 meals to Arizona families in need.
- World Health Organization: COVID Relief Fund – donations received will go toward funding the activities of the Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan.
- American Red Cross – The coronavirus outbreak appears to be keeping Americans from donating blood. Hundreds of blood drives have already been cancelled, but if you’re healthy and still have access to one near your home, the Red Cross is asking that you schedule a time to donate.
- Where to donate:
- Support businesses who give back. Though you may not realize it, every dollar you spend actively supports a certain type of business practice and you may inadvertently give to a company that doesn’t invest its profits as well or as ethically as it could. Now is the perfect time to research organizations who give back to local, domestic, or international charities.
- Lean Forward and Give Back. Plexus has extended our Lean Forward promotion! Now you can nourish your family and make a positive impact with the Lean 5-Pack Combo. This promotion will help you care for those you love and those hit hardest by the current storm. When you purchase this combo, you’ll get the nutrition you need at a discount and make a real difference in the fight against hunger. Plexus and Plexus Charities joined together to launch Nourish One®, an initiative where every serving of Plexus Lean™ you shake up means we’ll donate the equivalent of one meal** to Feeding America® – the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization.
- Volunteer for local charities that are providing critical services in your community. Reach out to local charities and ask how you can best support them with your time, while always keeping safety in mind. There are many things you can do safely from home in support of a nonprofit’s mission such as grant-writing, sewing face masks, or serving as a crisis counselor on a hotline service. Many elderly people are in need of assistance but cannot safely access food – ask your elderly neighbor if they would like you to pick something up for them when you go to the grocery store (remember to sterilize the shopping bags and leave them at the front door while maintaining distance).
- Use your voice. Share critical safety information with your friends and family on social media, on the phone, and via email. Remind people to stay safe and keep supporting the charities and volunteer groups they care about. Speaking up and sharing how you are helping can inspire others to action as well.
Even with social distancing we must remember to support each other and those in need. Now more than ever lets spread Health and Happiness across the globe.
Make sure to use #plexuscares to share with us how you are making an impact.
**Every bag of Plexus Lean sold contributes a donation equivalent to 14 meals to Feeding America, providing at least 1.5 million meals annually. $1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local member food banks.
posted 2 months ago