January 6, 2021
Lose the Quarantine 15 and Get Your Goals Back on Track
If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed these days, you aren’t alone. We’ve all been spending much more time at home in recent months, making it easier than ever to let our health goals fall by the wayside.
The quarantine 15 has been a real thing for a lot of us. We’re snacking more, exercising less, and spending more time being sedentary. Then holiday stress and seasonal goodies got thrown into the mix. The result? Weight gain, lack of energy, and a struggle to find the motivation to reboot our wellness efforts.
If this sounds a little too familiar, don’t worry. It’s never too late to get back on track. The world may be in limbo, but your health goals don’t have to be. Stay on track and keep working toward a healthier, happier, more confident you with these tips:
- Reduce Stress: We know what you’re thinking. Easier said than done, right? But keeping your stress levels in check is more doable than you think. Use your extra quarantine time to discover a new hobby, begin meditating, volunteer for something you love, or start a journal. By focusing your brain on other things and taking a few minutes for yourself each day, you’ll be able to better manage your stress — and your weight.
- Eat Healthy: Sure, this is a given with weight management. Fortunately, eating healthy doesn’t mean crash dieting or spending all your time cooking fancy meals. Instead, focus on eating fresh, well-balanced meals and avoid fried, sugar-packed, and overly processed foods.
Pro Tip: Shake up your favorite Plexus Lean™ recipe for a convenient, delicious, and nutritious meal option.
- Avoid Excess Snacking: Normally, this might be included in healthy eating, but it has earned its own spot on our list. It isn’t easy to resist the munchies when quarantine boredom sets in. The key is to keep yourself busy and be mindful about why you want to eat. Are you actually hungry, or are you just trying to get your mind off the day or recover from hours of online meetings? If you really are hungry, skip the chips and cookies and grab an apple, some veggies, or a handful of nuts instead.
- Control Your Portions: Almost as important as what’s on your plate is how much of it there is. We often overlook the amount of food we have on our plates, but this is one of the key ways to keep our weight in check. Instead of going for that second helping, give your food time to digest and stop eating when you are full. Be sure you’re following guidelines for the proper macronutrients for your body as well (carbs, proteins, and fats).
- Stay Active: This one can be difficult these days. Between the cold weather and many fitness centers being closed, options might seem limited. But, we have you covered with excellent exercise tips and at-home workout videos.
- Get Some Sleep: A good night’s rest can have a profound impact on our health, such as improving our energy, mood, and overall wellness and even helping manage our weight. No matter how busy your days are, don’t sacrifice those z’s. Make time for at least 7 hours of quality sleep each night. Your body will thank you.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Did you know that not drinking enough water can lead to digestive issues, overeating, and slow metabolism? Staying hydrated not only keeps your energy up, it can also help get you closer to reaching your weight goals. Not to mention, this is one of the simplest tips to incorporate into your lifestyle. Check out our tips on staying hydrated.
- Stay Connected: You don’t have to do it alone. One of the best strategies for keeping Health and Happiness in front of mind is to stay close with others (figuratively, for now). Even though we may have to be physically distant for a while, don’t lose your social life. Call your family members, plan a virtual happy hour with your friends, attend an online workshop, or bring back letter writing by finding a new pen pal. (Hint: Residents in senior care facilities make great pen pals.)
No more yo-yo dieting or complicated weight loss programs that leave you dreading your health journey. You deserve to feel better inside and out. With cutting-edge products, an action plan to get started, and an inspirational support system, you’ll be on your way to a Healthy, Happy, confident you in no time!
posted 9 months ago